You will receive an email from Student Announcements (at your @my.ohecampus email address) telling you to register for the University's Online Library before the end of your first week of study.
You will not be able to register for the Online Library using the process described below until you have received this email.
Students on the University of Liverpool's online postgraduate programmes benefit from access to an extensive Online Library. This page tells you how to register for the Online Library, where to get support if you have problems registering, and the resources available to get you up-and-running using the Online Library.
Laureate LENS (which you use to access your classrooms and email, the Student Community, and your administrative details) is run by Laureate Online Education, as part of their partnership with the University of Liverpool.
The Online Library is run by the University of Liverpool. This means that you have to use a different log-in to access the Online Library than the log-in you use for accessing Laureate LENS, and that you will need to contact a different team if you need support in using the Online Library; don't worry though, this is all explained below.
You will not be set any assignments that require you to use the Online Library until you have been invited to register, but in the second week of your studies you will be set assignments that require you to use the Online Library, so you should register as soon as possible after receiving the email. A downloadable version of this page is available here.
How to access the University of Liverpool's Online Library
1. The first step is to self-register.
Please go to https://register.liv.ac.uk/Register/. You will need to provide:
- Your Surname (also known as Last name or Family name) EXACTLY as it appears in Laureate LENS. Please note you should not enter any first or personal name; for example, if your name is John Smith, only enter Smith.
- Your Card Number - this is your Student ID Number issued by Laureate Online Education. For example, if your Student Number is H12345678 use H12345678 as your Card Number. It will be at the top of the email telling you to register, but you can also see it any time that you are logged-in to Laureate LENS by clicking on your name in the top left-hand corner of the screen, and on the Student Agreement that you signed when enrolling to the programme.
- Your Date of Birth.
You will also have to type in two words that are displayed on the screen; this is a security measure.
If you suffer from a visual impairment that makes it difficult or impossible to do this, make sure you have your computer's sound turned up or headphones plugged in and click on the loudspeaker icon (see the yellow arrow in the image below); you can then type in the two words that will be read out to you.
Extensive guidance on registration for a MWS account (required to access the Library) can be obtained by clicking here.
2. After registration, you will be provided with a University of Liverpool MWS username and asked to create your own password.
You should note down your username and password in a safe place NOW. You will NOT receive a confirmation email, and you will NOT be sent your new username and password by email.
- If you experience issues registering for the Online Library, please contact Laureate Online Education’s Technical Support before you contact the support for the Online Library.
- Once you have successfully registered for the Online Library, if you need help or support please click here.
- For details of the support offered to users of the Online Library, please click here.
- Remember, your University of Liverpool MWS username and password are different to the details you use to log-in to Laureate LENS.
- For security reasons, you must change your University of Liverpool MWS password every 90 days. Your password will stop working at the end of this period and must be changed. If your password stops working, you can attempt to change it at any time using this page: https://register.liv.ac.uk/password/.
- Bookmark the Online Library site: http://p.liv.ac.uk/29.
- The Online Library is a vast resource and it will take you a while to get used to using it. A Brief Guide to using the Library Service is an excellent place to start learning. You can also download the Brief Guide as a PDF.
- Set aside time to take the Library Training Module. Once you start using the Online Library on a regular basis, you will save yourself a lot of time if you have already taken this module.
- You will be provided with a University of Liverpool (@liv.ac.uk) email address when you register. This address will ONLY be used by the University of Liverpool to remind you to change your password every 90 days, and ALL email sent to your University of Liverpool email address will automatically be forwarded to your @my.ohecampus email address.
- Please review the Regulations for the Use of IT Facilities at the University of Liverpool and the Acceptable Use of E-resources Guidelines (you will need to log-in to the Online Library to access this link)..
- The latest library and IT news and details of how to access alerts for the Online Library are available from the front-page of the Online Library Web site: http://libguides.liv.ac.uk/onlineprogrammes.
- Laureate LENS
- University of Liverpool Online Library
- University of Liverpool Online Bookstore
- New Students
- Student Representatives
- Referral Programme
- Laureate LENS Tutorials
- Logging-in to Laureate LENS
- Accessing your email in Laureate LENS
- Student Support Videos
- 2014 module calendars and registration process